sorriso innocenza

easy peasy lemon squeasy, so many things to say about me!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

sorriso innocenza means "innocent smile"

I don't like disease, and I don't like death.

Yet.. both are inevitable. Part and parcel of life. I guess I'll learn to deal with it eventually, as I grow older and hopefully wiser.

Anyway, Troy's not feeling very well, so we took him for a check-up. His vet (Ben is his name-oh) was really nice (and really cute!) -- but Troy's blood test showed up with parasite-bond infection. He'll be okay (I hope!) but he's on medication now; and curses to ticks! His heartworm jab's due, too -- but Ben can't let him have it because his immune system's kinda low at the moment. Mmm.. other than that, the animal clinic's a pretty interesting place, you know, because all sorts of breeds show up there. Like today, this massive black dog (its name is Blackie) about the size of a wild boar, was brought in -- and this other dog, a rather grumpy beige-coloured skinny dog, was so disturbed that it pissed all over the floor. I didn't see it all, though, because mum and I were in the check-up room with Troy and Ben at the time, so all I heard was a fat lot of high-pitched whining and barking.

When I was younger, I always wanted to have lots of dogs when I grew up -- because my mental image of an ideal family to build involved an employed, decent-looking husband; a few kids; and a few dogs. But now that my family actually has a dog, I realise that unless I marry a guy who's really good at taking care of animals, it's unlikely that I'll have a dog when I'm all grown up. I love them, no doubt, but I don't think I'm mature or independent enough to take care of another creature -- see, I'm not even very good at taking of myself, so it just wouldn't be right to even think about caring for pets. But maybe when I'm older, I'll be more able to do it.. I dunno, we'll see. Difficult as it is to admit, pets are just not in my 10-year plan toward the future.

Oh, and I watched A Cinderella Story just now -- I liked it! Starring Hilary Duff (from Lizzie McGuire) and Chad Micheal Murray (from One Tree Hill). Very romantic, and very dreamy -- and the evil stepmother was even funny (played by the manicurist from Legally Blonde). The usual teen-flick.

Speaking of good movies, I managed to catch Cold Mountain last night, and wow, it really made an impact on me. Not only was I deeply impressed by Renee Zelweger's acting prowess (from Bridget Jones' Diary), by the end of the show I was extremely frustrated about why the home-guard were wasting their time killing the deserters (soldiers who fled from the war), when they could be using that time, energy (and bullets) on whoever they were warring with in the first place. I usually censor my viewing to only shows with happy endings (it's part of my keep-happy principle, I've been using this method ever since I bought the "Self-Hypnosis" book from Australia), and I was a little peeved because Inman (played by Jude Law) just had to die in the end. But surprisingly, I liked the ending -- because the movie didn't end with his death, but went on for another five minutes -- showing a scene 8 years later, where Grace Inman (so cool, Inman somehow managed to impregnate Nicole Kidman's character with just one night of passionate love-making!) sits with the rest of the extended family - her mother Ada (Nicole Kidman's character), Ruby "with the eyes that sparkle" (Rene Zelweger), Ruby's dad, Ruby's husband (both men are deserters of the war) and Sally something (her story's really sad) -- made me start bawling because the home-guard (that darn Captain Teague) killed not only her husband, but both her young sons! And I missed the part about why that happened because I was running upstairs to watch the movie in my room instead of in the living room (mum was switching off everything! "time to go to bed" hmph!). Overall, definitely a movie worth watching. Very moving, and it highlights all the issues our world leaders should have already realised -- I quote Ruby "they made the weather and then they stand there and say shit, it's raining!"

Intend to watch Puteri Gunung Ledang during the Raya, I wonder what the show's about? Oh, and I saw that Astro's advertised about showing Sepet during Raya Pertama, to those who haven't watched it yet -- you should definitely catch it! I borrowed Zaty's VCD to watch it, and it was really good! Not Hollywood-quality, but totally relative to every Malaysian's world. Hehe. "Jason? Mana ada Jason? Ini rumah Cina lah!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home